Friday, September 17, 2010

Random

Every once in a while, you have to do a catch up blog post.  And there's just no way to make these topics flow together, so I've titled this post "random."  This working full time has been kicking me in the a difficult transition, to say the least.  I spend my weekends cleaning and doing laundry, trying to organize clothing because seriously... is it fall?  Or is it still summer?  I spent last weekend completely converting Andrew's closet to his fall wardrobe.  Got all his clothes organized in bins in the basement according to season and size, and now I'm running out of his shorts!  But I refuse to go downstairs and dig up all the clothes I've stashed away!  Ha!  I kept a few shorts and t-shirts out but I'd say after this week we're on round two.  Needless to say, I've had little time for blogging.  I've completely forgotten about half of these pictures, and even forgot to upload Andrew's first trip to the dentist this summer.  Gasp!  Time for catch up... here goes....
So, Andrew went to the dentist this summer.  I figured it was time.  He loves doctors, so I just called this the "teeth doctor."  He loved it.  Once he found Alex the dinosaur, he was good to go!  He got to brush Alex's teeth with a giant toothbrush and this entertained him the entire time.
Open wide!
Notice him still trying to brush when the doctor is counting his teeth?  Yeah, he never stopped.  He wanted to take Alex home...
But he settled for a prize instead.  He got two- since he was such a good boy!  It was a great experience, and they said his teeth look great!  We can mostly thank daddy- he is the official tooth brusher.
Last month (I know!  I am so behind!)  Craig's family celebrated their family farm being 100 years old.  This was his grandpa and grandma's farm, and his uncle and his family live there now.  They celebrated by threshing.  I realize I should know what threshing is, seeing as though I was there and everything.  But honestly, I can't even begin to explain.  It has something to do with separating grain from the stalks (and sadly, I had to google that!) My husband is going to be so proud of me!  Ha!
Daddy gave all the kids gator rides.  Andrew and cousin Jack loved the rides!
It was so hot, so the kids put on their suits and filled plastic containers from the sprinkler and dumped it on the driveway.  This thrilled them for hours!
Then they all attempted to squeeze into this tiny pool together!  They were having a blast!
A few weeks ago we watched Andrew's cousins Evie and Jayden for an evening.  Andrew loved having them come over and hang out with us!
He gave them gator rides... I love how Jayden is holding on for dear life and Andrew looks like he's tearing up the road!  Ha!
Our little trip to the park began like this...
And ended with Craig lugging the bike all the way home!  Ha!  We did put it in the back of the gator for a while, until it kept falling out and Andrew didn't want to stop!  Ha!
I gave all three kids baths and daddy made popcorn and we watched Toy Story.  Whew!  It gave me a little insight on what having more than one kid is like!  We were exhausted!  Ha!  But it was a really fun evening and the kids all had a blast together.
We've had lots of fun hanging out with Ga Ga and Papa too!  Papa found this old baby Mickey book that he had for his grandkids and brought it for Andrew.  Andrew loved it!  He laid on the couch while Papa read every word.  Several times.
So sweet!  He loves his Ga Ga and Papa so much!
Papa plays with him and is so much fun!
Whoa!
Andrew wears Papa out!  He wants Papa to play with him every minute!
One Sunday after church the weather was so gorgeous so Papa and Ga Ga came over and we took a long bike ride on a nice bike trail.  It was flat the whole way- that's my kind of bike ride!  Ha!
Andrew loves riding in his Burley!
This was taken on Andrew's first day of Sunday school at our church.  Now that he is three and potty trained he can go to KQ (our church calls it "Kingdom Quest").  He was a little apprehensive at first, but when Craig and I checked on him he was dancing and clapping to Bible songs and having a ball!  Craig and I finally get to sit and enjoy church, which is a nice change.  Plus it's time for Andrew to start hearing Bible lessons and learning what Jesus has done for him in his little life.  That is going to be so important for us to teach him.  I pray that he will grow up knowing Jesus and that He is the reason Andrew is alive and thriving today!
 Sorry Hawkeye fans!  Here's our little Cyclone heading off to preschool the day before the big game.  Trust me, after the game we kept our ISU gear off for a while.  The game was a little embarrassing, to say the least!  Oh well, we'll always root for my alma mater!
  Andrew dug out his old Yo Gabba Gabba stuff the other day and wanted to watch "Gabba" the whole day.  That was a fun day... Ha!
If that wasn't funny enough... here's a funny for you!  So he used to wear his slippers with no pants, but now he's moved on to his Woody and Buzz boots that Ga Ga bought him.  We cannot get them off him.  He wants to wear them to bed, to school, you name it.  
Look how he's clutching Woody.  And his skinny little legs!  This kid is too funny for words.  I realize someday he might not appreciate me posting pictures of him in his underwear on the internet.  But I'm sorry, I can only hope he'll forgive me because it is too.stinkin.funny not to share!
So we took it one step further.  We figured if he won't take off the boots he might as well have the outfit to match!  Ha!  Normally I like to keep his Halloween costume a secret.  But I think I can safely assume that most people who know Andrew and read this blog would guess!
And yes he wanted to wear this to bed, too.  And school, and everywhere else.  
I love the bottom of the boots!  Daddy teases me and says it is his name on the boots!  I have to laugh because when we named him "Andrew" I was adamant that his nickname would be "Drew" because I didn't want his nickname to be "Andy."  Turns out Andy would have been fitting, considering how much he loves Toy Story!  Ha!  For now we really haven't done the nickname thing.  "Andrew" just seems to fit him!
So here's our little Sheriff Woody- Who's ready for trick or treat!??

I think that's everything I needed to catch up on.  For now.  And just because I want to try to make this flow as much as possible (which isn't much!) I'm going to end the way we began...
 Andrew says "say cheese!"   
And that tied it all together- right??


Related Posts with Thumbnails