Wednesday, December 30, 2015

basketball & tumbling

The kids participated in a lot of activities this fall and going into the holidays.  So I'm backing up a little bit with this update.  It's hard to keep up with practices and evening activities, especially around the holidays, but Andrew really enjoyed doing Upward Basketball this year.
They had a special little ceremony for the players and coaches at the Roundhouse during halftime of the high school boys game to celebrate the last weekend of games.
They just did a little parade around the gym and never stopped so I couldn't get a good picture.  The one time I caught him, he did this!  Seriously?  This kid.
My girl enjoyed the game chatting with her friends and eating popcorn!  Ha!  I look at this picture and can't imagine how in a few short years these sweet girls will be walking these halls!
The new Roundhouse is just gorgeous and I felt safe for the first time just letting the kids go off with their friends.  I mean, this is what all kids seem to do... I did it when I was a kid too!
It sure brought me back to my childhood days!  My parents would always send me off to games in high school and then laugh when I got home and wouldn't even know what the score was or who won because I was too busy hanging out with my friends to even watch the game!  Ha!
Then at Andrew's last basketball game he got to run out of the inflatable tunnel, which he thought was really fun!
What I love about this program is that it's christian based.  They pray before and after every practice and game.  I love that.
Andrew really isn't a basketball star...
but he learned a lot and made some nice new friends on his team.
If nothing else, he's learning teamwork and sportsmanship.  Important lessons.  And having fun at the same time!
Daddy actually had to fill out the photo envelope since it was at a game where Kerigan had a birthday party so I wasn't there.  Craig cracked me up and ordered the most expensive package with tons of pictures (that we don't need! Ha!) and these buttons.  Andrew was so proud of us wearing his picture on our shirts!  I wore mine around all season and he loved it.  Then Kerigan got mad and asked where her pin was!  So I told daddy he'll be ordering them for dance picture time too!
They had one last ceremony at the Roundhouse on Sunday to wrap up the season and the players all played games with their team and coaches.
They asked siblings to come out and help so Kerigan and Annika went down to join the craziness!  Ha!
Andrew with his team
We are so proud of our boy!  Ga Ga was there too but we didn't get a picture!
Then this sweet girl also participated in her very first tumbling meet!  Can you tell she was proud?
I'm telling you, this girl can tumble!
It is her absolute favorite thing in the world.  If she could do tumbling every night of the week, she would.
Doing her moves for the judges
I was wondering if she would be scared and she wasn't at all.  She knew it was something special and different and she had all the confidence she needed!
She was so happy and proud.  I love this girl's determination so much!
She earned her first medal!
This was her friend Lily's first meet too, and they were so cute together!  I see many more times like these in our future!


Related Posts with Thumbnails