Monday, June 5, 2017

tiny dancer


It's dance recital time!
So I had to laugh at this picture.  Our dance studio opened ticket sales at the venue for the recital and you would have thought someone famous was coming to town for a concert.  Thank goodness I don't work in the mornings so I was elected the one to get up at the crack of dawn and head down to stand in line for recital tickets.  This was about an hour before they even opened the doors. #dancemomprobs
These sweet friends enjoyed dancing together this year!
This was their tech rehearsal week.  Kerigan is on the far right, front row
I took a lot of pictures of her onstage.  I couldn't help the cuteness.
Their dance was "You're Never Fully Dressed" from Annie.  It was a good opportunity to finally show Kerigan that movie.  My all time favorite from when I was little.
And recital night!  This is the beautiful newly renovated Hancher Auditorium.
This was the first year for the studio to have their recital here so everyone was excited.  It was our first year dancing here too!
I just took about 100 pictures this night.
I couldn't stop.  
The loose teeth, the ballet bun, that smile, her make up... I love it all!
They actually let you take pictures during the recital here (gasp!) as long as you didn't use a flash.
So I went to town!  Ha!
This was the first recital she'd had where she knew the routine perfectly.  She didn't need to watch the teacher off stage.  It was so fun to see her looking at the audience and putting her personality into it!
I just love all her expressions.

That's my girl!
Family picture with our little star!
Ga Ga and Papa wouldn't miss a recital!
Proud big brother
But this is what it was actually like.  Ha!  Andrew is quite the trouper to sit through all of his sisters tumbling competitions and dance recitals.  He's the best big brother!  And I know Kerigan would tell you that too.
Best buddies
My sweet girl
She loves getting flowers!  I think she looks forward to that more than anything else!
This is the signal that dance has come to an end for another year.  One tired girl!  I think it was around 10pm when we finally got out of there.

We're proud of you Kerigan!  Your smile lights up the stage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails