Monday, October 9, 2017

happy birthday to me


These sweet kids made a list of the day on my birthday weekend
They had an early out Friday and they were so excited for the weekend
We went out to eat at Olive Garden
Then this was so funny- our sweet neighbors who are like second parents/grandparents came over to hang a shelf for me since Craig was busy working late!
Dick and Judy are so special and I loved spending part of my night with them! 
We all had cupcakes from Scratch- yum!
Then every year my mom takes the kids and I to stay in a hotel in Minneapolis for my birthday.
This year we went the first weekend in October because we all had a day off on Monday!  It was apparently too sunny for them!  Ha!
We went to the sculpture garden and of course they found a chicken!
Then we headed to IKEA!  My favorite!
We always say the play area is so nice there and the kids love to go- but the time limit is too short!  They can only stay an hour, which only gets us like 1/4 of the way through the store without kids- ha ha!
So we get them ice cream to bribe them for being good! #momoftheyear
Then we always love heading back to the hotel to swim!
After baths and in their Halloween jammies!
I could not love this more
The next morning the fascination with watching pancakes being made happens

We just love hotel breakfasts!
We always ask for a late check out so we can swim in the mornings!  Mom and I usually divide and conquer and someone watches the kids while the other packs up the room.
The next day we headed to a favorite destination!
First stop...
American Girl!
This is her happy place!  And if I'm being honest, it's mine too!
This guy loves this character statue from Ninja Turtles
He was finally tall enough to try the big ninja turtle ride!
It flies way up to the ceiling!  Scary!
He gave it 2 thumbs up!
They loved this huge Nickelodeon pumpkin
Ga Ga took this sweet girl for a few rides since she was too short for some rides Andrew wanted to go on.
And I took this guy on the Fly Over ride, which was so fun and we both loved it!  It's just like the Soarin' ride at Disney!
Afterwards we had a little time so we hopped on another favorite- the pepsi coaster!
He wanted to go on this haunted mansion ride where you shoot ghosts and zombies
Then he went on this super fast upside down coaster!
Several times!

He loved it!
This was the newest ride- it was a long drop!  He loved it- I would've freaked out!
Meanwhile this girl was getting spoiled
She loves the Wonder Pets ride!
We took a break for lunch at our favorite- Rainforest Cafe!

They always want to walk around and take pictures by all the animals

Of course we have to ride the carousel on the way out
We love the MOA!
I always love my birthday weekend with my favorite peeps!
We like stopping at this fun Minnesota travel plaza on the way home for a bathroom break and snacks!

Thanks for a fun weekend, Ga Ga!

Related Posts with Thumbnails