Monday, December 4, 2017

magic in the air


We got back from Thanksgiving and the next week we hit it hard with late nights for Nutcracker tech week.
The girls were all so excited for this week!
There was definitely excitement booming from this stage!
It was extra special for me to get to watch Kerigan perform, since I was in the Nutcracker several times growing up!
This year she was a Polichinelle, one of the little girls who comes out from Mother Ginger's giant skirt.
Practicing on stage made this so much more real and fun!
She made so many new friends in her Nutcracker classes.
They perform at this charming little theater downtown and this was her first dress rehearsal.  I have to admit I loved tech week!  I think I watched the show almost 10 times (including performances) and it never got old!
This was Kerigan's partner, Rachel
We watched Act 1 from the balcony during dress rehearsal because they don't let the kids come out to watch during performances.
Here she is ready to go on stage!  She was so happy and excited.
Kerigan performed in 3 shows out of 6.  This was her opening night- Daddy, mommy, Andrew, Ga Ga and Papa came to watch!  She was super excited.
We went to dinner downtown before her show and we gave her some special gifts
Ga Ga gave her a Mother Ginger ornament for the tree- perfect!

Then it was time to head to the show!
Proud Daddy!
Her biggest fans
Hugging Ga Ga after the show
We snuck Daddy backstage since the performers couldn't come out in their costume- they would ruin the "magic!" :)
Mommy's turn- I was so proud of my girl!
She had had a super late week, and it was after 10pm when the show got over but it she was all smiles at Steak and Shake!
That night, even Buddy got in on the Nutcracker fun!
The next day she was in the Saturday Nutcracker matinee!
Pretty girl hanging out backstage
All the Poli's having fun backstage!  Aren't they all super cute?!
That night she went to bed dreaming Nutcracker dreams...
The next day was her last performance. Several of her friends came to watch, and I loved watching the show for the last time, but it was bittersweet!  I was sad to see it end but so proud of my girl and we had such a fun time preparing for this!
Here are a few pictures I took during the performance with my good camera- here she is coming out of the skirt- I LOVE this picture!
Her curtsie!
I feel like this dance is a favorite of the whole audience- so much energy from these adorable kids!
Of course it was my favorite dance!  I love nothing more than watching my girl do her thing!
This "Mother Ginger year" is a treasured memory and one we will never forget!


Related Posts with Thumbnails