Monday, March 12, 2012

Little Miss {eight months}

Miss Kerigan gets to celebrate her 8 month birthday with her daddy!  We'll be taking pictures and celebrating tonight!  Happy birthday to the very best daddy!
This has been a big month for you, my sweet girl.  You have done so many new things!  You are just growing up so much and it is so amazing to be a part of it.
The biggest news is that you learned to crawl!  You had been crawling backwards for a while, and up on all fours rocking, but you hadn't quite figured out how to go forward until now.  You go pretty slowly still, but you have definitely discovered how to get what you want!  Your favorite thing is to crawl over to Andrew's book basket and get into his books!


You pull out every basket and bin of Andrew's toys and put every single thing in your mouth!  It has me a little stressed out with all the small pieces!  You are keeping us on our toes!  I moved some of your toys to a lower basket that you can get at, but you still want your brother's stuff!  Ha!
You also started saying "Mama."  The best sound in the world to me.  One morning (about 5:00am!) you woke up and started saying "ma ma ma ma ma ma" and I heard you on the monitor.  I jumped out of bed so fast and ran into your room!  Daddy joked and said he'd never seen me move that fast that early in the morning!  Ha!  I was so excited, I couldn't wait to give you a great big hug!  When I got to you and picked you up, you just gave me the biggest, most precious smile in the world.
You are so adorable because you started giving us big, wet, open-mouthed kisses!  We love it!  Andrew, too!  You will just all of a sudden start to feel loving towards us and you'll lean in with your mouth wide open!  It's so funny and sweet.  You also reach your arms out to come to us now.  Usually, you reach for mama, but sometimes daddy or Ga Ga too.  Most of the time, you are still a mama's girl and I am loving it!
You love mommy's jewelry!  Every time I pick you up from day care you get fixated on my necklace or bracelet or ring.  You always point your little finger at it and touch it so delicately, like you know it is special.  You are so funny.  You copy everything we do.  You laugh when we laugh- it is kind of a fake laugh sound.  It's so funny.  When we pick you up, you pat our backs.  That is the most adorable thing ever.
It is so funny to watch your determination.   You get very mad when we take something away from you that you are not supposed to have- like the remote, mommy's cell phone, somebody's shoes, magazines, etc.  You love your toys, but what you really want are things that are not toys, and you are pretty demanding about it!  Ha!
Your new "big girl" schedule is starting to fall into place.  You usually eat four 8oz bottles a day now.  In between for lunch you eat cereal and a stage 2 container of fruit.  For dinner you eat a stage 2 container of veggie, or mixed veggies with chicken, etc.  You always sit at the table with us when we eat dinner and watch us so intently!  You definitely want what we are eating!  For now I give you puffs to entertain you while we eat, and you love them.  You are so cute because you point at them and follow them with your finger, then you'll pick them up and find your mouth.  You definitely love to eat!
You can pull yourself up in your crib now.  I can't believe it's time to move the mattress down already!
Good news- we stopped your prevacid last month and you don't need it anymore!  Mommy was so nervous when the prescription ran out and they didn't renew it until you tried going off it.  I didn't think it would go well, but you did great!  You just stopped spitting up, you eat like a champ and you are just getting to be such a big girl now.  It makes me kind of sad, but at the same time, happy that you are doing so amazing!
Changing your diaper and getting you dressed (and taking your picture!) these days is like trying to wrestle an alligator!  Ha!  You are all over the place and you do not want to be still!  I had to do all kinds of crazy things to get you to stay put and smile for this photo shoot!  (And your brother and daddy had to help- it never fails...those two can always make you smile so big!)  Soon we won't be able to use your changing table because I'm just so afraid you are going to roll yourself off!  You are wearing 12 month clothes, and some 6-9 month.  You wear size 3 diapers.
This pretty little dress was supposed to be your Easter outfit.  Mommy was worried you wouldn't fit into it by Easter, so I had to do your photo shoot in it this month!  The top part was pretty tight on you and I had to chuckle while trying to zip it up the back... you are a little too young to know what it means to "suck it in," but I really needed you to!  It wasn't easy!  Ha!
This month we took you to the park.  You just love it.  You would sit in the swing for hours if I let you.  I'm sure we're going to be spending a lot of time here in the next few months!
You absolutely love your jumperoo!  When we put you in it you just grin and squeal and giggle and you jump so high sometimes we think you might fly right out of it!  Ha!  You get your little legs going and you bounce super high!
You are a spitter!  You think it is so funny to blow raspberries at whoever you see.  You have gotten spit all over mama's glasses, and everywhere else!  You just keep doing it more when we laugh at you (and it is impossible not to laugh).
I can't believe it, but over spring break we are getting you your big girl car seat.  You are definitely big enough and ready to graduate from the infant carrier (plus you are killing our backs because you are heavy!)

I decided to do a 2-outfit photo shoot this month.  Mainly because you are starting to outgrow things and I wanted pictures of you in this hat!  Ha!  I remember buying it when I was still pregnant with you and just dreaming of my little girl.  I still look at you and you are just like a dream to me, sweet girl.
You are everything I could have ever imagined or dreamed of, and more.
You just melt my heart with those chubby cheeks and huge smile.  You have the best giggle.  We love to throw you up in the air and you just squeal and giggle so big!  You are the happiest, smiliest baby.  Everywhere we go you smile at everybody.  As always, your personality just shines more and more with each passing day.  We are so proud of you, baby girl!

And we love you to the moon and back!


Related Posts with Thumbnails