Friday, March 30, 2018

friends and spring snowstorm!

My best childhood friend, Carrie, came to visit with her four kiddos during their spring break.  They live in Florida but she grew up in Iowa.  I loved that she brought her sweet new daughter, Emery, to meet us!  None of us could wait to meet her!  We had waited a long time for a picture like this of us and our daughters!
This is where it all began!  Us at probably 8 or 9 years old with all of our dolls!
Now we have real life babies!
I think Craig even enjoyed having a baby around!  Ha!  And can I just die over that unicorn outfit??  Kerigan had to wear her onesie to match!
Just precious girls right here
That afternoon we did what every normal mom would do... 
We took our 6 kids to the mall!  Ha!

Carrie's youngest little guy, Everett just loves Andrew!
He chased him all around the play area and I had to make a little collage of all the funny pictures!  I think Andrew was meant to have a little brother too!  Ha ha.
He's just so good with the little kids and I love watching him.  Even though I could cry because HE'S supposed to be the little kid!!  
We had a quick dinner in the food court
Before heading to a movie!  Emery slept through the whole thing!
Once we got home and got the kids to bed, Carrie and I enjoyed this!  Nothing beats a cozy fire, wine, blankets, cat on my lap and my bff!  And to top it off... we were getting a blizzard!  Yes, in late March!
The next day while it snowed, we took the kids to the Children's Museum in town to run off some energy!
One sweet girl right here
The grocery shopping always appeals to Andrew!  Maybe I can get him to be my shopper someday!
She loved making this little house!
Making pizza!
Painting a rainbow as I looked through the window
We had so much fun!
But even better was coming home to this!
These Floridians had never seen this much snow and they had a blast!
We busted out the sleds in the backyard!
And invented a new game of sliding down our deck stairs!  Ha!  After this they all started using sleds and it got crazy!
Fun building a snowman!
We loved introducing our Florida friends to snow!
The next morning Ga Ga came to see Emery too!  Carrie was like her 2nd daughter when we were growing up at the lake in the summers.
Andrew is completely obsessed with babies.  He adored Emery and wanted her to move in with us!
We were so sad to see our friends leave!  There's nothing better than watching our kids play together, as we always enjoyed playing together when we were their ages!

We are hoping to make this a spring break tradition- as long as we are home and not traveling at the same times!  It worked out perfectly this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails