Monday, May 17, 2010

Surprise!

We have a little fish on our hands!
Andrew loves the water.  What can I say?  He takes after his mama!
A little family fun in the pool!
I am behind in updating again, but a couple weekends ago we took a trip to Minnesota to surprise Craig's brother for his 40th birthday.
The party was on Saturday, so we got into town Friday night and stayed in a hotel so we didn't spoil the surprise and show up at their house early!
Andrew had a blast with his cousins, Evie and Jayden, in the pool.
And a little fun with daddy, Uncle Jay and Auntie Rachel, too!  Oh yeah, and mommy.  Because I did spend a little time in the pool.  Just mostly took pictures instead!
This was his first water fight.  Daddy and Andrew vs. Uncle Jay and Evie!
Not sure who won...but everyone had a blast!
Once they were all shriveled up we decided to hit the hay!
Our sister in law planned this whole party for her husband.  It was quite an event!  She pulled it off perfectly!  Everyone met before heading to the house on Saturday morning.  The guys all attended a baseball game at the new Minnesota Twins Target Field.
Keith was so surprised.  I am trying to figure out how I'm going to top this for Craig's 40th!  Ha!  It's okay...I have a few years to figure it out!
 Here is everyone coming in the house. 
Here are all the guys before heading to the game in a shuttle.  All of Keith's brothers and brothers-in-law were there, along with his father, father in law and several long time friends.  It was a very special day and a special surprise.
 All the kids and moms and grandma hung out at the house while the guys were at the game.  Everyone had a great day.
Grandma Huegel with Andrew and Evie
 Uncle Jeff even flew in from Chicago for the weekend.  He and his wife have the newest Huegel cousin- baby Abby, who we met a few weeks ago when we went to visit them.  The kids all love playing with Uncle "Jepp!"
And of course Jack had to give Andrew a special ride in his jeep!  Andrew got some pointers from Jack on how to steer, since he still hasn't entirely figured that out yet!
The surprise continued... After the game, Darlene had the party continue at a favorite pizza place in town, Broadway Pizza.  This was the coolest place!  It has a train that runs around the entire restaurant.
Of course, Andrew was entranced by the whole thing.
Surprise #2!  Entering the party room at Broadway Pizza.  There were about 40 people there (more than those who attended the game).  Keith was only expecting just a few people at the dinner.
Andrew and Jayden pretty much chased the train around all night!
Look how excited Andrew is in this picture!  His smile couldn't get much bigger!
Can you tell he was a little more than just happy about this train?  Ha!
Giving Jayden some love!
Andrew just adores all of his cousins.  I know I say this all the time, but I am so grateful that Andrew is able to grow up with so many cousins his own age.  I think at one time, 3 of us were pregnant at the same time!  It is so fun.
We always have an awesome time with Craig's family.  I love being around all of his siblings, since I didn't grow up with any myself.  I always knew I'd marry into a big family, and I'm so glad I did!  There is never a dull moment, that is for sure!
Happy Birthday, Uncle Keith!  We love you!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG...Jen! Have we been shopping together!? Derrick has that same red shirt Andrew has on. They had the same Easter outfits.... :) I guess we have good taste, huh?

Glad you guys had a great time at the party.

RHONDA said...

You guys always have so much fun!! I love it! I love the pics...he is such a cutie! I see we all shop at the same coolest store on the block..TARGET! Love it!

Rhonda :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails