Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring Sing!

Well, my big boy is officially done with preschool... for the year anyway!  Half of his class had their preschool graduation, but he'll still have preschool next year (thank goodness!)  I don't think I'm ready for the preschool graduation thing quite yet... I'm sure I'll be a basket case!
To finish off the year, his little class had a spring sing at their school for all the families.  It was so fun!
Andrew actually did a great job this time (much better than the Christmas Program!  Ha!) 
He was moving quite a bit so some of the pictures are blurry.  He actually did the actions and sang a little bit!
He had been coming home the last few weeks, singing new songs and some of the lyrics and the tune I couldn't quite figure out.  When I heard them in the concert, then I knew what he was singing about!  It was so fun to make that connection!
This one is the Goldfish Song.  He'd put his hands on his hips and say "wait a minute!" and then mumble things we couldn't quite understand.  I kept wondering where he heard that from (figuring he probably hears me say "wait a minute" all the time!  Ha!)  But then they started singing it in their song!  Too funny.


He was so good at the actions!  I was pretty impressed!  (Considering at the Christmas program he just stood there the whole time!  Ha!)

I have to crack up about the cute little girls next to him.  They were totally into it, hamming it up and never missed a beat!  I was glad Andrew was next to them so he would remember to keep doing the actions and singing!  Ha!

This picture cracks me up.  Those of you who knew my dad will understand why!  He looks so much like my dad here, kicking up his heels!  It was sort of my dad's "trademark" dance step!  Ha!
After the sing they had cookies and punch and had the kids' portfolios sitting out for parents to look at.
We had to leave them there (for next year) but I had to take a picture of this person Andrew drew!  I was so impressed!  I asked the teacher if she's sure it wasn't mixed up with someone else's!  Ha!  At the beginning of the year he wouldn't have even begun to imagine drawing a person.  Just shows how much he's learned and grown this year.  It just made me so proud!
Andrew was so proud of himself.  He loved singing for us and all the attention!  All the kids made these little flowers for their family to take home.


We couldn't be more proud of how much Andrew has grown and learned this year.  He has come such a long way, even with his surgery.  He never let that hold him back.  He is acting more grown up and accepting consequences so much better too.  I am just so excited to see him be a big brother.  I think he is at the perfect age, and he is so ready to welcome his baby sister.  I just know he is going to protect her and love her so much.  I can't wait to see it.




*Of course I video taped a little bit of his program.  I had to crack up at this because before we left I had told him that he could pick a prize if he was a good boy and sang his songs.  He has been obsessed with the McDonalds toys from the Ice Age movie, and he really wanted the sloth.  So right in the middle of his songs, he kept looking at us and saying "I a good boy, I get sloth!" with this huge grin on his face.  It was so.stinkin.funny.  So I kept cracking up in the background, but it was a good laugh!  (Be sure to pause the blog music at the bottom!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails