Friday, May 25, 2012

cath in progress...

The cath is underway!  Thanks to those of you following my facebook updates and for all the comments and prayers!  We appreciate it so much.  Andrew wasn't very happy about coming to the hospital this morning, or about not getting to eat breakfast, but he handled it like a champ.  He never once asked for a snack or drink- he knew what the answer would be.  He's been entertained by movies and the iPad and we didn't have to wait too long for him to go in- 11:30 they took him back.  He got sleepy medicine this time (versed), which I don't think he really needed but it was anesthesia's decision to give it to him.  Basically, it made him "loopy" before they brought him back so that being separated from us would go smoothly.  That was a sneaky way of not having mommy go back in the lab with him... NOT happening!  I still asked to go back as usual and I talked to him and held his hand the whole time.  I know he heard me and knew I was there.  He might not remember it, but it was important for me to be there at the time.

We've gotten severa updates.  He seems to be doing well.  Right now they are working on ballooning the left PA.  We are anxiously awaiting updates. 

Thank you so much for your prayers today.  We all appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails