Wednesday, March 27, 2013

iowa energy

I just love our heart support group.  We get together once a month for fun meetings where we just can connect, talk, be real, and understand each other.  There is just something special about a group of people who understand exactly how you feel... because they have been there too.  It's just one of God's awesome plans- to connect you with others who share the same journey.
Our group also does fun activities together.  We were blessed to be asked to take part in the Iowa Energy game at Wells Fargo Arena, with the heart kids being part of the fan tunnel!  We jumped at the chance, knowing Andrew would love it.
Andrew has been kissing Kerigan's hand lately, and it is about the most precious thing I have ever seen!
Our support group is not only amazing for us parents, but I think it's pretty special for our kids, too.  They come to the meetings and get to play together, do crafts, and just have fun.  Andrew knows that they have "special hearts" too, and I think it gives them a sense of belonging- like they aren't the only ones with a scar running down their chest.  It gives them a chance to connect, too.  They are supervised by an amazing group of students who give their time because they love our kids.  
This is Andrew's best heart buddy, "little Andrew."  :)  They have known each other all their lives.  I met Andrew's mama Erin when our boys were just babies.  To see them now, grinning with their arms around each other, is just so heart-warming to me.  Their lives are such a gift- they have both been through open heart surgeries.  They have matching scars, and they are proof that miracles happen.  
Lining up for the fan tunnel!
He was so proud, waiting for the big basketball players to run by!

Happy watching the game on daddy's shoulders!
My sweet daughter... how blessed we are that she came into this world with a perfect heart, but that she can be part of this journey with us and support her brother.  She will grow up with a wiseness beyond her years.  I like to think she'll be a better person someday because of her brother's special heart.
We then got to go onto the court before the game when they introduced the players!  Andrew was amazed!
Erin bought the boys pom poms and they were a hit!
They had a blast jumping in the bouncy house


A picture of me with my girl is rare!
Oh how I love her.  Her smile and her giggle just light up my life!
Silly boys!
Surge the mascot!  Kerigan wanted no part of it!  Ha!
My precious boy... 
It was so fun to run into some of Andrew's friends from his school!  These are sweet twin boys, Isaiah (left) is in Andrew's class and is one of his best friends.  We didn't even know they were coming, we just happened to be sitting near them.  Andrew was so excited!
My loves... one broken heart, one perfect heart... 
two amazing miracles that have stolen my heart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails