Sunday, May 31, 2015

cyclones & memorial day

One of my summer goals is to go through all the pictures on our computer and save them on an external hard drive, and catch up with this blog!  So I'm getting closer... we're up to Memorial Day!
The weekend before Andrew's cath we met cousins at our favorite restaurant Hickory Park!  It was supposed to be movie night at Jack Trice Football stadium, but rain had been predicted so they moved it inside to Hilton Collesium.  We decided to go anyway and mostly we just had fun with our cousins!
These four... best buddies
Kerigan loves her big cousin Evi!
This is what happens when I try to have the waitress take a group photo of all of us- epic fail!  Ha!  3 of us get points for looking at the camera and smiling!
As you can see, the weather ended up being beautiful!  I was so bummed they moved the event inside!  But they had to plan ahead so they just went by the forecast.  This time the forecast was wrong!
Look at my girl!  She went right up there and stood by Cy!  I was so proud of her!
In our seats ready for Big Hero 6!
Watching Baymax on the scoreboard wasn't quite the same as the jumbotron but it was still fun!  We loved spending time with our cousins the most!
When Andrew was in the hospital for his cath, daddy brought this girl back to finish up her swimming lessons.  She had been doing so great we wanted her to keep up with them!  Plus, she was getting bored in the hospital.  She learned to do the back stroke!
These three girls have been having fun this month watching their brothers play baseball!  This was one of the nicer days we've had- as it's been raining most of the nights!  
Ga Ga came and spent the night and took Andrew home the next day for a sleep over!  Since we would be going to their house on Memorial Day it worked out well for us to pick him up then!
My girl and I went to Walmart and she was so funny, smushed in the cart like this.  She goes "mama, I don't think we can fit anything else in here!"  Ha!
She was so excited to text this picture to her brother and show him what we got!  He is obsessed with watermelon so she thought we could make these cupcakes together this summer!
We had friends over for pizza that evening and 2 deer wandered into our yard from across the street!  The kids were amazed!
The kids are always fighting over Belle, so Kerigan had some alone time with her kitty!  She put this blanket down and Belle loved it!
Memorial Day we headed to Ga G and Papa's and went to pick out some flowers to plant!
Papa always helps me plant flowers.  I don't have a green thumb at all, and my plants only survive each year because of Papa!  The kids love to help.

Andrew had been wanting to try fish because he has a game where you put fish on the grill (the game is called Barbeque party) so Papa got him some fish fillets and they grilled them!  Both kids loved them and gobbled them up!  I was shocked because normally they won't eat anything!  I am not a fish lover, so I admit it isn't something I buy.  Guess I'll have to start!
We had appetizers on the porch and watched rain clouds roll in.  Kerigan found this little umbrella!  Ha!
We decided to eat first and let the rain pass before heading to the cemetery.
It turned out to be a beautiful evening once the rain stopped and the sun came out!  We went to go see Grandpa Bill at the cemetery.
The kids always love seeing his headstone and jumping off it!  I tell them not to jump or step on anyone else's, but I know their Grandpa Bill would love them playing on his!

Andrew was particularly sentimental this day.  He never met my dad in person, but I just know they have a connection.  We have always said that Andrew reminds us so much of dad.  He has lots of questions about him, which I love to answer!  We talk about Heaven, and how he lives with Jesus, and he knows that Jesus and Grandpa Bill sent him (and Kerigan) to us.  I tell him that I feel like he met his grandpa in Heaven before he came to us.  And that his grandpa is his guardian angel and has been with him through all of his surgeries.  I truly believe that.
Then he stood there and started to pray.  It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.  Then he walked along all the headstones and stood by every one of them and did this.  He said he wanted to pray for all of them.  What a precious, precious boy he is.  I love him so much and his tender heart!
On the way back to Ga Ga's we stopped to see the ponies on the ISU campus.  They were so sweet!
Then we had homemade ice cream and watermelon!
I'd say it was a pretty perfect Memorial Day!


Related Posts with Thumbnails