Tuesday, July 10, 2018

clear lake memories

The weekend after the 4th, we headed to my favorite place to see our friends that were here from Florida, and it was right on the way to Minnesota as we were dropping Andrew off at camp on Monday.
I never seem to feel quite at home until I'm at the lake
And the lake with my lifetime BFF is even better!
We walked down to the seawall
There is just nothing like this view... my happy place
This is the spot where their Daddy asked me to marry him
They found our brick!  My family has been going to the lake since 1977

We always have to stop for ice cream on the square
And I love that this little play house is still there!
I used to play on it as a little girl, and now my little girl loves it!
This merry go round is still there too!  And Andrew loves it!
We ran into our long time family friends, the Littles.  Sherri's mom and dad were best friends with my parents and we spent every summer of my childhood with their families.  Sherri's mom and dad and my dad are now passed away, and we miss them so much but we have some amazing memories!
This view just makes my heart happy
The next day we went to the pool and another park and I took this one picture!  
Then that evening the kids and I went to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins, who live on a farm near the lake.
They have so many animals, my kids always love the kittens!
And my uncle got a dog, so they loved meeting her too!
Andrew doesn't normally like dogs, but his puppy was so sweet he couldn't help it! 
We made s'mores!


The next day we headed to the beach with our friends!

There's just nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach!
Andrew always loves to dig a big hole in the sand!
Kerigan loves dancing and jumping over the waves
And tumbling on the shore...of course!
I love this girl of mine!
If this day could've lasted forever I think I would've been okay with that
We walked downtown for lunch and ate in the park
And some more playing at the park!
Then we got cleaned up and headed back to say goodbye to Emery and the rest of our friends before heading to Minnesota!
I think it's safe to say my kids ADORE this precious girl!  We've been spoiled getting to see our Florida friends three times this year!  The next time can't come soon enough.


Related Posts with Thumbnails