Friday, March 26, 2010

He's in the OR

Andrew did really well this morning.  We got to Iowa City last night, ate pizza and had a fun time swimming in the pool at the hotel.  It has a big waterslide, which Andrew thought was the coolest thing ever.  It was a really fun evening.  He went right to sleep.  This morning he was so sweet when we took him for surgery.  He waited in the big chair in the waiting room and sat up like such a big boy while they took his vitals.  He was very serious, and studied everyone who came in very closely, but he went along with it as they messed with him and talked to us, etc.  The hardest part is always when they take him back to the OR.  They let one of us go back, and I am not sure why I always want it to be me!  It is so hard to see him like that.  Yet I still want to be the one with him.  He sat up on my lap like such a big boy, trying to be so brave, but he was scared.  All the people with masks and the big, scary room was just too much for him.  He sat up so straight and his little lip came out and then a couple of tears fell.  I can't even describe how brave he was acting.  I was so proud of him.  He lost it when they put the mask over his face to sedate him though.  All I could do was whisper in his ear that mommy was there and that I love him. 

They said the surgery would take just 45 minutes.  I don't think he's ever had surgery in just 45 minutes!  Ha!  We're used to waiting 12 hours!!!!!!!  We're praying we can go home today and he'll recover quickly.  The doctor said he might feel more comfortable with him staying overnight, so we'll just have to wait and see how Andrew is doing.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers!


RHONDA said...

Praying!! Hugs for you guys! I know he will do great, but I know it is scary.
Rhonda Keep us posted..

Hope's Blog said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers today.

connie and adam said...

I will be praying for you and your family. He is such a brave little man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails