Thursday, April 5, 2012

holy week

We have had a great start to the spring season!  Last weekend was jam-packed with a birthday party, a wedding, and a special trip for Andrew!  The week before we made a trip to the mall to visit a very special bunny...
Andrew almost likes this as much as the bunny!
Waiting for the bunny to arrive...
Happy Easter!
Andrew informed EB that he wants Hop for Easter (the movie).  He isn't asking for much else...besides jelly beans.  Because he is convinced that Easter bunnies poop jelly beans (if you've seen the movie, you know what I mean!)
Last weekend we attended a very fun 5th birthday party for a very special little mermaid...
These two have also known each other their whole lives... and Norah is another one of the sweetest little girls I know.  I have known Norah's mommy since I was in Kindergarten!  So it is certainly going to be fun sending these two off to Kdg in the fall!  How does time fly that fast?  Oh my.
Me and my special girl at the party.  Kerigan please stay just like this for a few more years, okay?
Before church on Palm Sunday
And who doesn't need bunny shoes?  They are an Easter staple!
I was so proud of my little man parading around the church last Sunday with his palm.  He was so excited!
Look at his sweet face holding up his palm during the "Hosana" song (third boy back on the right)!  It was too cute for words.  And yes, I'm the crazy mom with the giant camera at church... but I wasn't the only one!  (Craig says that doesn't make it okay!  Ha!)
I love his face- he was concentrating on something!

I seriously blinked and he just grew up!  He looks soooo big here!
Andrew has been super into coloring pictures lately.  When he gets to day care first thing in the morning that is the station he runs to.  He'll start getting excited in the car and say "I LOVE coloring!"  I am amazed just recently how good he really is at drawing pictures that really look like something!  He brought this dinosaur home the other day and I was pretty impressed!
In honor of his love and obsession with dinosaurs, after church we had lunch and took Andrew to a very special dinosaur exhibit!
He was definitely in his happy place!
It was called "Discover the Dinosaurs" and it was great because the kids actually got to touch them and sit on some of them!

This picture of him cracks me up because it just shows how excited and thrilled he was.  

It was time for Kerigan's nap but there was no way she could sleep with all this excitement!
She wasn't scared a bit and just rode along and stared at everything!
Andrew was so cute with his little scavenger hunt paper.  He loved looking at it and finding the dinosaurs on it.  He was very serious about it!
Posing with his scavenger hunt paper!  (I had a hard time getting him to put it away in the pictures!  He didn't want to let go of it!)
After too many pictures he started making silly faces and acting crazy when I tried to take his picture!  Ha!
A life size replica of a T-Rex!  Way cool!
Ha!
Then of course you could pay more money to play for 10 minutes on the jumpy houses and slides...
On the way home Andrew kept saying he needed a bath to get the germs off him!  Ha!  I had to chuckle...I've taught him well!  Craig just shook his head and said he was being brainwashed.  I said, "that's my boy!"  and I was extremely proud.  Ha!
Really though, these things were too cool not to let him play!  I'm all for him having fun... but I really do wish I could wash the kid in bleach sometimes!
It has been such beautiful weather lately I just can't get over it.  It really doesn't even feel like we had winter!  We barely had any snow this year, and such mild weather for this time of year.  The other night we grilled out and it was too beautiful NOT to eat on the deck!  (See, I told you Craig was a big dork and doesn't care what goes on the blog!  He even tries to ruin my pictures now!  Ha!)

I can't believe how fast time is flying.  Andrew only has 26 more days of preschool.  His class is doing an "ABC" countdown to the end of the year.  Fun things every day!  Yeah, then he "graduates" and will begin Kindergarten next fall.  I am pretty sure a box of kleenex won't be enough on the day of his preschool graduation.  The teacher always has so many neat things planned, I just can't wait to see it all.  But I guess I can wait... ya know?  I have so many thoughts on this topic that I'll have to share another time.

For now, I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!  And even with all the bunnies, eggs, jelly beans and train rides this time of year brings... we won't forget what Easter really means.

And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised Him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit.  Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to His name.

Romans 1: 4-5

Happy Easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails