Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Computer DRAMA!

Ok.... so you might be thinking it's taken me so long to update about Halloween because I'm so busy, right?   In this case, that's not the reason.  I mean, I am busy and all... but I have been so excited to post about our Halloween.  I think I have about 3 updates swimming around in my head and it may be time for sugar plums to dance in my head before I get them done!

We are in the market for a new computer.  It's official.  Not only can I not upload photos to the blog because they changed the format...to, you know, a more updated one... but I also now can no longer upload photos from my camera to my computer.

Sad, I know.  (And even sadder, no photos in this post!  I think that's a first!)

This is not good for someone whose hobby is blogging and photo editing!  It's been a long time coming.  Craig and I got this computer before we were married when we first started our masters programs, since we thought we'd need a computer for that.  I can estimate it is about eight years old.  And that's generous.

It's been slow and driving me crazy for a long time.  The pumpkin patch update below- the one that so many of you commented were the best pictures I've taken to date (thank you, but I did have an easy subject!) was done on Craig's work laptop.

And here's the other part of that story... first off, Craig doesn't like letting me use his computer.  After all, it is supposed to be for his work only.  He's a rule follower like that.  It drives me nuts!  Ha!  (Suffice it to say, I am the total opposite!!)  Anyway, the few times I have managed to sweet talk him into using it, I have done the past few updates that way.

Well, the other evening I spent a good amount of time using his awesome new iphoto editing program and had a bunch of photos from Night Eyes at the zoo to upload for my update.  It was getting late, so I figured I'd finish the rest of the update the next night (yeah, this was a week ago!)  The next day Craig emails me to let me know he's had a rough day.  Um yeah, it consisted of one of his students accidentally tripping over the cord and his computer took a dive.   To its ultimate death.  I know, I almost cried.
 
Seriously.

So, it is still not repaired and our home desktop has bit the dust.  So, hence you have the lack of updates and lack of photos.  But I can assure you they will return soon, because I have already realized over the course of the week, I can't live without a computer!  (How did I ever do it before, and how did people do it long ago???)  I have no clue.  Ahem.

So anyway, the debate is this:  Laptop or Desktop???  I have always had a desktop.  I guess I just like it because I know I have the printer right there and installed, I have a nice big screen to look at, etc.  It just feels "safer" to me somehow.  However, my hubby is pushing a laptop on me.  I had my mind made up!  He must be trying to lure me away from using his work laptop, you know, once it's repaired.  Ha!  There are pros and cons to both... what are your thoughts?  I'd love to hear opinions.  Oh, and don't try to sway me... I'm a Mac girl and that will never change!  Ha!

Secondly, I thought I'd mention that Andrew has a cardiology appointment coming up in a couple of weeks.  We'd appreciate your prayers for a healthy check up and avoiding surgery for another 3 months!  Because we know we are living appointment to appointment at this point.  Which is kinda scary.  Thanks for your prayers!

Hoping for an update with photos soon...


Related Posts with Thumbnails