Sunday, August 28, 2011

back to school

Andrew started preschool last week.  His last year.  I tried to document the day- because we made it special!  
These little cuddle bugs snuggled with me in our bed.  This is no different than any other morning.  Kerigan ends up in our bed after her 6am feeding, and Andrew usually wakes up around 7:30 and comes right in.  He loves putting his arms around her.  Sometimes we all fall back asleep.  It is just my absolute favorite thing about not working.  It makes me never want to go back!!  It just doesn't get any better than this!
When Andrew came downstairs he got a special surprise at breakfast!  He had seen this and begged for it.  He loves little figures like this to play with.  It is probably his favorite thing, besides trains and cars!  He plays with all his animals and dinosaurs with it.  He'll set them up along the track (or on the track!) and have the train crash into them!  Ha!  I think he thanked me a dozen times for this toy.  He kept saying "thanks mom for my lion king toy!"  Even several days later, he still thanks me when he plays with it.
I was going to make him a special breakfast but he wanted muffins (the usual) and Cars cereal!  Ha!
We've been reading some back to school favorites!  David Goes to School is such a funny book.  David is naughty and is always getting in trouble at school.  Andrew can read every page (because he's heard it a million times!) and he just giggles every time at the trouble David gets in!  Let's just hope he doesn't get any ideas!  Ha!
Of course we had to go out to the front step!  The sun was shining right in his eyes so he kept squinting!
So we moved over and turned a different direction!  That helped a little!
Couldn't forget a picture of the backpack!  I love how it takes up his whole back!  Ha!  Better not get it too full or he'll fall over!
In front of the school sign (can you tell I'm loving that he'll actually pose for pictures now and say "cheese!" Oh how I longed for that day!  Ha!)
All ready to go!
He looks like big stuff, walking proudly into his school.  I love it!
I made him stop and pose again!
He found his name on the wall!
And he found his best buddy Nicholas!  They were sooooo adorable when they saw each other!  Ran right to each other and grabbed hands.  I could cry it was so sweet!
They had to find their name and write it.  He is still working on this, but getting better!
I love his little hand writing so carefully...
It'll be neat to see what it looks like at the end of the year!
He got to have a school bus snack on the "special" plate when he got home!
(Graham crackers, cream cheese frosting with yellow food coloring, chex for the windows and mini oreos for the wheels.)
Normally when I'm working, the school  bus comes to his day care to pick him up and drop him off.  Since I'm home on maternity leave now, it actually comes right to our house (which Andrew just thought was the coolest thing ever).  I took him and picked him up the first few days, but he rode for the first time on Friday and he loved every second.  It is so nice for me because I don't have to load Kerigan up and drag her out twice in a two hour time period (one of which always seems to fall during her feeding time).  This is so much more convenient!
And here's a picture of him not looking like he has to go potty!  Ha!  I promise in the pic above I had him go before he left!  I just wanted to post the pic because it shows the whole bus and I didn't notice his hand position as I was taking it (mainly because I was in a hurry, still in my pj's and feeling frazzled because the driver was waiting for my photo shoot to end!  Ha!)
Here's to a great year my big boy!  You are growing so fast and learning so many new and exciting things every day!  Mommy and daddy are so proud of the little boy you are!  We love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails