Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Little Miss {three months}

(Somehow I always get a picture of her with her mouth wide open like this!  Ha!)

Little Miss Kerigan you are three months old today!  Maybe that is wrong because you are actually 13 weeks, but I go by the 12th of every month.  Somehow a mysterious week sneaks in there, but this is how the pediatrician does it, so that's how I count it!

I feel like I say this all the time, but time is just flying by.  I can't believe I only have one more month home with you before I go back to work.  I can't even think about sending you to day care.  I honestly don't know how I'll get through it.  I love being home so much, I could do this every day forever.  There is just nothing better than being home with my kids every day.  Best job in the world!  You and Andrew are the biggest joys in my life!
We are settling into somewhat of a routine, although the times you eat are different every day!  We try to have you eat consistently between 8am and 9am, but sometimes that doesn't work, depending on when you wake up before that (might be 3am, might be 6am!)  Silly girl.  I try to keep your feedings 3 hours apart, but when you're hungry, you're hungry, and you don't miss a meal!  Ha!

You like your playtime after your feedings, so we try to keep the routine of eat, play, nap.  For play time you love your bouncy and the lights and songs.  You have started grabbing for the toys and you smile so big!  You also love your Bumbo seat.  I show you different toys and read to you while you sit in it.  You love listening to books and you always look very interested in the pictures and my voice.  You also play on your baby gym and love to grab at the toys and look at yourself in the mirror.  We are getting ready to bring up your exersaucer because I have a feeling you will love it.  I want to get you a jumperoo too, because you love standing on your legs when we are holding you and I think you would go to town if you could jump! 
Your new nickname is "smiley" because that describes you perfectly.  I absolutely love seeing your personality starting to shine.  If we look at you and smile, you automatically smile back.  Every single time.  And you often smile at things on your own also.  You are more focused on things, and you have even giggled a few times!  I just love it!  You seem to like TV because you will watch whatever your brother is watching and smile.  You even giggled and smiled at mommy's favorite show ("Friends") the other day (yes, I still have it on during the days when Andrew is at school as background noise!  I obviously don't have time to sit and watch it!  Ha!)  You also smile at your brother.  And he is all over that!  Ha!  He comes up to you all the time and loves to make you smile.  Ga Ga said I was happy and smiley too, so I guess you take after your mama!

You do this cute thing where I have you sideways on my lap and you'll give me a shy smile, and you must know I love it because I always pull you into me and smother you with kisses.  Then you'll smile and lean towards me just like that again so I'll do it again!  It is the most precious thing ever.  It is like our special little "game" we like to play!
This is that little "shy" smile

You are not rolling over yet, but you are close!  You arch your back and turn to the side and are going to flip over any day!  I try to watch you constantly because I don't want to miss that moment!  The only time you really sit in your swing anymore is when you are ready to sleep after playtime.  All I have to do is start swinging you, give you your paci (I have to hold it in your mouth for a few minutes) and rub your bunny blankie by your face.  I love watching your sleepy eyes droop and close.  It is so sweet.  You don't sleep very well in your crib during the day.  Luckily you sleep great in it at night.
After we feed you at 6pm you usually fall asleep in your swing and you think you are down for the night.  You would sleep your long stretch then if we let you, so we have to wake you up at 9:00 to eat one last time and then you usually fall asleep in our arms.  We try to put you down right away, but mommy loves to snuggle with you so sometimes we keep you with us until we go to bed.  You usually sleep until around 5am-6am but once in a while you wake up earlier.  That feeding is always your best of the day.  You are always bright eyed and have big smiles for me, and you guzzle 6oz in no time!  During the day I can only get you to take about 4oz at a time.  You are wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 month and some 6-12 month clothes.  I am guessing you weigh 13-14 lbs but we don't go to the doctor until next month so we will find out then how you're growing!
Your reflux seems to be getting better.  We went to the GI doctor and he increased your dose.  We split one tablet and give you half in the morning and half at night, and it seems to work better.  You are not as fussy during or after feedings.  If I had known it was that simple I would have done it a long time ago!  Your evening fussy time is also getting better.  I think you are just growing up.  During the time when you used to be fussy, I give you a bath, which you absolutely love.  You get goosebumps when I put you in the water,  you look up at me and your eyes get so wide and you just grin from ear to ear.  I love giving you baths because I know you love it so much.  It is our special time together!  I get lots of smiles!
You still want to suck on your hands, silly girl!  Mommy is still not giving up the paci!  You will take it when it is time for you to sleep, so that is my goal I guess.  Those are the only times I allowed your brother to have one, and I hope you will not suck your fingers/thumb whenever you are not sleeping!  Ha!  We'll see which one of us is more determined!

I feel like just yesterday I took your two month pictures.  Slow down, girlie!  We are taking you for professional three month pictures next week and I can't wait to see how they turn out!  I'll post them when we get them back but they'll be a little behind so I wanted to get these up today!

Love you to the moon and back, baby girl!



Related Posts with Thumbnails