Thursday, May 30, 2013

mother's day

Mother's Day... these two precious things are the reason I get to celebrate being a mommy.  Sometimes when I look at them, I just get this overwhelming feeling of love, like I cannot believe they are actually mine.  That so many years went by trying to create them, so much difficulty and stress, sadness and faith.  
Faith is what brought them here.  I was determined not to give up.  I knew deep down my dream, above anything else, was to be a mother.  And God made it a reality in His own time.  I just had to be patient.
And God has blessed me more than I could have ever hoped for or imagined.
(This was their Mother's Day gift to me... being sweet to each other!  ha!)
We had the most special day.  It was beautiful weather, and my mom and Jim came over to grill.
There is not much that I love more than eating outside on our deck when it is beautiful outside.  We ate my favorite food- hamburgers, baked beans, and fruit.  I could live on it!
Last year we pulled her high chair out on the deck!  This year she was eating up at the table in a big chair with us!  Sweet girl!  And she loves grilled hot dogs too!
It was a little difficult to get a good picture of everyone!  Ha!  The kids were crazy to be outside- we had been cooped up for so long all winter!  They just wanted to play!
Kerigan refused to sit in her baby swing.  She had to be on the big girl swing too!  Even though she kept falling off!  Ha!
She just loves being a big girl!  And she definitely has a mind of her own!
This picture just makes me laugh.  Sometimes I have to show the "outtakes" so you don't think life is all perfect all the time!  Far from it!  ha!  This is what it was like trying to get a picture of them most of the day!  One would look and be smiling, the other was acting crazy, then the next picture the other one was smiling perfect!  Ha!
We finally went inside and took a break to open presents.  This got a little better!  But Kerigan was not taking her hand out of her shirt!  (I won't post all the outtakes from this shot, but they are pretty funny too!)
We got my mom a photo collage, which she has been wanting to go in a frame she has at home.  It needed updated so I made her a new one with recent pictures.
I have to give another shout out to my mom.  I know most of you who read this know what an amazing person she is.  But I just have to say it again.  We are beyond blessed to have her.  The kids adore her.  I have loved watching her be a grandmother.  I'm so happy I was able to give her that gift.  She needed grandchildren, the role suits her amazingly well!  Thanks for all you do for us, mom and Ga Ga!
Seriously.  They were being SO sweet to each other!  I think daddy must have had a talk with them!  Ha!
Andrew's eyes were half shut, but I still loved this picture!
I bought myself a nice little Mother's Day present.  I had been wanting a new strap for my camera and I LOVE it so much!  Bless Craig's heart, he tries, but ultimately, he really doesn't know what to get me!  So I just make it easy for him!  Ha!
Andrew gave me his sweet little note he made at school, which cracked me up!
I love that I'm 78 and weigh 6 pounds!  Ha!  My favorite is that he said I love decorations.  I just laughed and laughed... it's true!  I think it's so funny that he thought of that.
Besides eating outside, my other favorite thing this time of year is having a campfire and making smores!
It worked out perfectly because I didn't even have to make dessert!
Kerigan's first s'more experience.  She wasn't too thrilled with the fire, but she loved the end result!
Ha!
Andrew just loves to roast marshmallows and set them on fire!  We give all the burnt ones to daddy.  He finally made Andrew stop because he lost count how many he'd eaten!  ha!

And once daddy and Papa had everything all cleaned up, the kids had baths and were tucked into bed, Craig and I settled in to watch the 3 hour season finale of our favorite show!  Best.Mothers.Day.Ever!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.
Ephesians 3:20

Related Posts with Thumbnails